July 19, 2005
Meedio TV Release Date: July 27th
I just received an email announcement that Meedio will release their much anticipated DVR software, Meedio TV which seamlessly integrates with their other products. Among the features they list:
- FREE integrated Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with listings from Tribune Media Services.
- Support for third-party EPG services based on XMLTV.
- Multi-tuner viewing, timeshifting and recording with conflict detection.
- Search and browse recorded programs by time, channel, keyword,
title, cast, or any custom-defined categories. Leverage the full power
of the Meedio platform to customize the experience that fits you best.
- Search scheduled broadcasts by time, by channel, by title, by keyword, or by cast and credits.
- Recordings automatically added to the Meedio media library.
- Supports external tuners through composite and S-Video inputs.
- One-time or repeating recordings with repeat detection and prioritization.
- Records in a background process when Meedio is not running.
- Auto-delete recordings, manage hard drive space, and create recording quality profiles.
- On-screen configuration wizard.
- Manages special European channel and frequency assignments.
- When used with Meedio Essentials, provides a seamless and
fully customizable interface to digital photos, music, movies, news,
weather, games and over 200 application plugins.
I've always been impressed with Meedio's sleek user interface. This should really be a great addition to their product line.
Posted on July 19, 2005
TrackBack URL for this entry: