October 12, 2004
Review: Radioshark (Idealog)
Idealog has a interesting review of Radioshark, a USB connected radio with software that allows a user to schedule recordings in advance. At a street price of $60-$70, it's an inexpensive way to record your favorite shows.
- It works on both PC and Mac
- It is seamless for IPod users putting the resulting files in the proper location for transfer
- The sound quality is similiar to radio quality
- The shark-style antenna does a good job at reception
- There is no electronic programming guide
I've been looking for something like this for a long time. My commute is fairly long and I sometimes yearn for shows that don't broadcast while I'm in the car. At $60, it's sounds like it's worth a try.
The downside to this product is that there isn't a PVR-style guide to tell you what's on, so I think the "Tivo for Radio" moniker is a bit of stretch. Perhaps "VCR for Radio" would be more apt, but not quite as cool sounding.
Additional Links: Walt Mossberg's review
(Hat Tip: byopvr.com)
Posted on October 12, 2004
TrackBack URL for this entry: