September 27, 2004
The TVHarmony Tivo Rewards Prize Pool
I've been reading through the Tivo RewardsTM Terms and Conditions, and while you can't share referral points, I don't see anything against the program that prevents us from pooling referrals and giving away the prizes through some form of random drawing. Unless I hear from Tivo, here is the TVHarmony Tivo Rewards Prize Pool:
- If you sign up with Tivo and give tvharmony @ gmail.com as the referrer, send me an email at the same time. In the email, specify whether you want your referral to go towards one of three options:
- TVHarmony Tip Jar (aka Help TVHarmony earn a Tivo Ipod)
- Prize Pool for Referrers Only
- Prize Pool for All Readers
- According to Tivo, it takes over 30 days for points to register since they want to make sure you actually use the service, so as soon as the points become available, we'll do a random drawing to determine winners.
- Depending on the level of points that we receive for each pool, I'll notify the winner of the prize level and allow them to select from available prizes. Prize levels will be determined by the amount available in each pool.
- You can only win one prize in the Referrer Only Pool per referral
- Tivo states that it can take 4-6 weeks to receive a prize bonus. If there is a way to ship it directly, I will set it up that way. If not, I'll ship it to the winner at TVHarmony's expense.
- Since this is based on an honor system, the Referrer Only Pool may be eliminated if abused. I'll try to come up with a fair, anonymous way for readers to enter the All Reader Pool.
- All prize drawings will be conducted by Lucy, the TVHarmony wonder dog.
Legal Disclaimers: TVHarmony can cancel this contest at any time, with or without selecting winners, and without any reason or cause. By referring us, you release all ownership and legal claims to the points that TVHarmony receives. All rules are subject to change at any time.
Posted on September 27, 2004
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Interesting concept... I wonder how fair Lucy will be :).
Posted by: Alex at September 28, 2004 05:58 AM
We'll see how well it works. Given that it takes only 4 referrals to earn an IPod, it will give people who enter the Referral Only Pool a pretty good shot at getting one.
I'll have to keep Lucy, the TVHarmony wonder dog, in a safe, undisclosed location prior to the drawing to prevent entrants from bribing her. While she is a bit of a technophobe, she does have an unhealthy penchant for meat products, so she is prone to bribery. If at all possible, we'll conduct a screening right before the drawing to check for any banned substances or abnormally high protein levels.
Posted by: Will at September 28, 2004 07:09 AM